CREATING MOODBOARDS ON OLIOBOARD.COM



OK - so I'm still learning my way around cyberspace. And although I've heard of and seen "moodboards" online, I had only tried one site (without much luck). Friday I came across a site which is not only user friendly - it's downright addicting - and it's free! The site is called olioboards.com.

PLAYING WITH PURPLE


Olioboard is an interior design mood board app. It's a fresh take on the traditional mood board; ditch the scissors and glue and get interactive!



•With Olioboard you can cleverly combine items to help dream up your interior design style.


•Collect real products from Olioboard's library of over 10,000 items and over 300 brands.


Olioboard's drag and drop interface makes creating new boards quick and easy and it's browser based editor doesn't require you to download any software. Simply create an account and you're ready to dive in.

SWEET DREAMS

 
I first started playing around with accessories on a board, and then created a second inspired and related to it. Like I said - I just started - but these are some I've come up with so far...
 
BLUE BOARD FALL

BLUE BOARD FALL II

NATURAL ELEGANCE

OPULENT ROMANCE

It's another means of a creative outlet, you can network with other people on the site, you can create sets & collections, you can upload your own items, you can share your board on Facebook & twitter - AND - since it uses popular product from sites such as West Elm and Crate & Barrel, you can use it to create presentation boards for a potential client (or your husband lol).
 
LOFT-LIKE OFFICE

 
What mood board sites do you use? Have you been to olio? (I think it's relatively new) If not - check it out and let me know what you think! If you do join - let's connect - my profile is NYCLQinteriors... Hope to see you there and have FUN!!



Thanks for stopping by!




All boards in this post
created by olioboard user NYCLQinteriors - Lynda Quintero-Davids.
(First board posted is called Winter With Amethyst)
NOTE: This blog post is from 2010 - My board style has changed since writing this post.



3 comments:

  1. Fabulous, thanks for the tip. Lovely mood boards by the way, can't wait to try out the site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'll have to check it out. A decorator friend of mine uses this to very good results. Lovely! Stan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sally-Ann!! Have fun - but beware: it IS addicting!! lol Thanks for stopping by...

    Stan!!! My long lost twitter friend - yes - check it out and maybe you can include a few boards you make in your next book! :) (you can upload your "finds" to create your own library-set)

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails