GOLDEN GLOBES 2013

Being a fan of both fashion and decor, I very much enjoy watching the red carpet looks of the award shows. Yesterday was the Golden Globes, and after pinning the Red Carpet looks of the 2013 Golden Globes, I compared them to 2012. Last year had a little more color + wow moments (see Golden Globes 2012) and irnically, two years ago, emerald green rocked the red carpet (see Golden Globes 2011) - this year seemed to be quiet, reserve and minimal... Probably a reflection of the times. Modern takes and feminine details on traditional colors dominated the red carpet: red, black, white, and blush - However, there were a few braves souls who made their statement with sea-foam, prints, and one coral. I'm not going into details of who wore what (I'm sure there will be PLENTY of that on TV, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest) these were just the standouts that caught my attention...


 Old Hollywood Glam in blush...


 White done right on Golden Globes night...


Anne Hathaway can do no wrong (IMO)
LOVED her minimal + structured look.
I hope she is recognized (NOT redneckonized) as best dressed :)



 Golden Globes on-trend lacy looks
from high necklines to long sleeve to overlay...


Plunging necklines + cutouts + structure for the Golden Globes...


Two Spring trends: Black + White and Black + Gold 


Va Va VOOM Latinas in black....


 Red Carpet Reds...


A pop of coral... 


Sea-foam shades...


and floral prints in time for Spring... I'm curios how this will knock off. I can see it as a prom dress, or inspiration for wall paper, window panels, pillows or a tablescape.

Did you watch the Golden Globes, or pre-show on E! Entertainment?
It was a nice way to end a not so glamorous day of cleaning the house & doing laundry(lol)
I watched while giving myself a pedicure :) 
After watching the show, I headed to Pinterest to collect a few of these images (see all & more at: Golden Globes 2013) plus I went to Just Jared to directly pin a few of my own...


Thanks for stopping by....
Sorry I haven't been posting as often, but I do want to share with you a physicians office & reception area I'm doing here, so please stay tuned! And next Monday, I'll be participating in the first Blog Link-up of 2013 with Olioboard - The topic will be: Home Staging!





1 comment:

  1. I am not sure who is wearing the sea foam shade on the left, but had I been her I would have picked a completely different dress. Not flattering on her at all. lol! The white dresses were beautiful, and I noticed the minimalist look with all of them--hardly no jewelry--and I like it a lot. Most of the time less is more. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails